Well-being, feeling good about yourself, being in good health ... Isn't this the ultimate goal of every individual in life? A health and wellness coach can help you achieve this goal.
Supporting a person to help them feel better is the role of the health and well-being coach. His field of expertise is vast: he can help his client follow a diet or get back into shape, manage his anxieties or even help him free himself from certain addictions. In short, he intervenes in everything that can hinder the well-being of his client. Different from personal development coaching, the objective of which is to help a person move forward in life, health and well-being coaching focuses on your well-being.
Well-being is linked to both physical condition and mental health. Therefore, to feel good, an individual must find the right balance. Unfortunately, some people do not have the capacity or energy to get rid of what can pollute their mental health. Hence the need to involve an outside person: the health and well-being coach! This professional offers his full support to help a person move forward on the path of sustainable transformation and achieve well-being.
What is a wellness coach?
The goal of wellness coaching is to help a person achieve wellness, quite simply. Through a personalized program, the coach will support him by motivating him, by reframing him if necessary or by confronting him with his problems to enable him to achieve his goal. Throughout his coaching, the professional carries out regular monitoring to better assess the progress of his client.
If the job of a personal development coach is to reveal your talent, change your life or regain self-confidence, a health and well-being coach helps you to feel more fulfilled, in harmony with yourself and in good health. . His goal ? You help lead a healthy life, to feel good about your body and mind.
Why hire a wellness coach?
A wellness and health coach makes every effort to help you achieve better physical and mental health… Do you want to give new meaning to your life or simply improve it? If you don't know where to start, call a health and wellness coach to find out more. Anyone can use the services of a health and wellness coach… However, some people need it more than others:
- Sick people: they generally need to be accompanied in the fight they are waging. In this case, the help is psychological. People in recovery (emotionally and physically affected) also need help to regain their energy and their zest for life.
- People experiencing different problems: addictions such as smoking, alcoholism ... It is generally difficult to overcome these challenges "alone". But also sleep disorders, stress and emotional management, weight loss or even lack of self-esteem are also areas of intervention of a wellness coach.
- People who want to maintain their well-being: they feel good about themselves and want to stay that way! In this case, coaching has a preventive utility: the coach helps them to take care of their health and well-being.
Health coaching allows an individual to flourish and find lasting well-being. The areas of intervention are varied: weight loss, stress management, improvement of self-confidence, change of professional or personal situation, etc.
How is a health coaching program organized?
The objective of health coaching is not to replace medical or psychiatric follow-up… However, it makes it possible to complete this follow-up. Doctors, who are often overwhelmed, do not always have the time to accompany their patients "personally". The coach will establish a specific program to help you in your personal quest, it takes place in several phases:
- First phase: this is the first meeting with the coach, who will allow him to become aware of your current situation (personal and professional environment, lifestyle, eating habits), your impressions of your own state of health and also your expectations. This first step is necessary so that the coach can define a program adapted to what you are going through.
- Second phase: after knowing your situation, the well-being health coach will tell you about the methods and means that can be used (relaxation sessions, dietetic and cosmetic products, physical activity, diet, etc.)
- Third phase: the goal of the coach is now to support you in the work you do on yourself. Its role is to help you better familiarize yourself with the tools in place to facilitate your transformation.
What training to become a wellness or health coach?
Well-being health coaching is practiced in liberal. The professional can offer coaching sessions at home, in his own office or in a neutral location. He can also offer his services to paramedical structures and fitness centers.
To get started in the field of wellness health coaching, no diploma is required. However, the exercise of this profession requires solid knowledge in different fields such as sophrology, nutrition, fitness or even psychology. It is necessary to follow specific training to be a coach. Many establishments offer training to become a health and well-being coach. The duration varies from 10 days to 1 year (depending on the structure). The course content is very varied: relaxation techniques, body-building techniques, the basics of healthy nutrition, identification of resistance, etc.
In addition, specific training (naturopathy, aromatherapy, phytotherapy, etc.) is a plus for practicing this profession.
Certain, more human qualities are also required: a sense of listening and communication, patience, punctuality, sense of responsibility, etc.